WWE’s involvement with Saudi Arabia has always been one of the hottest topics in the wrestling world. Ever since the Stamford-based company began hosting large-scale events in the Kingdom, there have been concerns over the ethics behind such collaborations. The issue also led CM Punk to speak out against the company in 2019, when he took a dig at the company in relation to the Saudi incidents. However, he eventually apologized to his fans for his statements earlier this year.
WWE formally solidified its long-term agreement with the government of Saudi Arabia in 2019, and agreed to hold two major events per year. Although the criticism has never really gone away, Superstars in WWE have continued to speak out about the events that occurred. One of the most recent individuals who decided to address the situation is Seth Rollins.
Seth Rollins on criticism
Speaking on the Mohr Stories podcast, Rollins did not hold back from the criticism leveled at WWE.
When someone suggested that going to Saudi Arabia was a problem for WWE, Rollins’ response was, “We’ve been going there for six years, we’ve been dealing with shit for six years.” In fact, Rollins argued that there is nothing normal in this country because WWE also receives money from American companies.
what has happened in saudi arabia recently
Rollins took it a notch further by detailing how his own perspective has changed over the years. Rollins revealed that he was skeptical when WWE first came to Saudi Arabia to perform in 2019.
“I don’t know about it, I don’t know how I feel about it,” he recalled.
However, as Rollins says, there have been major developments in the last six years. She talked about the fact that early shows had no women both in front of and behind the camera. This is no longer true.
“Now we go out there, and it’s just like a WWE show,” Rollins said, referring to the presence of female performers and the change in culture felt at these events.
Also read: WWE Raw January 5 mega episode teased with Stranger Things crossover










